Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day 3: So the bread is under the candy



If you normally drink 10 cups of coffee a day, and you only drink two cups, I think you should expect to wake up the next morning feeling like someone took a bat to the side of your head during the night. That's how I felt this morning when I woke up. Pretty sure it was caffeine withdrawals.


Nevertheless, I made a nice breakfast - two eggs over easy, and some cheese toast. Yes, that's pretty much exactly what I ate yesterday for breakfast, just slightly rearranged.




Breakfast                                      Quantity    Cost         Calories
eggs             2.0  $      0.59             150
I can't believe it's not butter 5  $      0.07               20
cheddar cheese             1.0  $      0.40             110
grinder roll             0.5  $      0.25             130
coffee             3.0  $      0.21                 7
 $      1.51             417




Once I got to work, I thoroughly caffeinated myself. The throbbing headache eased off.







Lunch was a peanut butter-banana sub and more coffee. This was another free banana I got with another cup of yogurt (that I have in the fridge for tomorrow).


Lunch  Quantity   Cost   Calories 
grinder roll             1.0  $      0.50             260
peanut butter             1.0  $      0.42             180
banana             1.0  $           -                 90
coffee 3  $      0.21 7
 $      1.13             537


I had a bag of peanuts ($0.50; 260 calories) for a snack later in the afternoon.


On the way home from work I went back to the Circle K because I had apparently missed the fact that there was a Dunkin' Donuts counter in the back of the store. I bought a bag of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I don't know if that's stretching the rules or not. I didn't buy any of their pre-made coffee or donuts. Anyway, I'm prepared to stretch the rules this once just so I won't go crazy drinking Folgers for the next four weeks. A 1 lb bag was $8.49. I'll have to figure out how much that is per serving.


I also discovered upon further looking that the Circle K does in fact have bread. It was on a bottom shelf, under the candy. Of course. Where else would you put it? I was able to get some sort of wheat bread. I doubt it's anything more than brown colored white bread, but it's good to have some sandwich bread.






I also broke down and bought a pre-made salad out of one of their coolers. Had I looked a little closer I would have noticed the carrot shreds and cucumbers had already turned to vegetable mush. Kind of a rip off for $3.99. And of course, if you have a salad you need salad dressing. And no, there was no low-fat vinaigrette. This was the only salad dressing in the store. I also found one of my key cooking ingredients - Frank's! I paid $0.99 for an apple, and $2.09 for a can of Tuna. And I got some nuts.


Dinner was the salad with dressing, and a grilled cheese sandwich I made with my lovely bread and some cheddar cheese.




(pardon the crappy cell phone pic)


Dinner  Quantity   Cost   Calories 
salad, pre-made             1.0  $      3.99 15
bread             2.0  $      0.20 160
cheddar cheese             1.0  $      0.40 110
I can't believe it's not butter             5.0  $      0.07 20
Ranch Dressing             1.0  $      0.47 140
 $      4.59 445


So that was the day in food. I walked for an hour on the treadmill as well.


Total Cost: $7.73
Calories: 1,659
Weight: 173.2


As of 10:55 PM, the FitBit has given me 277 calories of credit, so my net calories are approximately 1,382.


Sorry - no video today. I was just too wiped out in the morning. Maybe tomorrow.

Addendum: The FitBit gave me a total of 367 calories yesterday, so my net was actually 1,292 calories.









2 comments:

  1. When you do film again, you can rotate your cell phone and film in landscape mode which will give you a full screen video, rather than the vertical rectangle/portrait. Makes for a more cinematic exploration into the food desert. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! Learning this on the fly.

    ReplyDelete