Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 4: more of the same



Is it Ground Hog day again? Things are getting repetitive quickly - and it's not just the weather.

Day 4 started out with two hard boiled eggs, and later in the morning a container of Chobani yogurt. And of course my lovely Dunkin' Donuts coffee!






Breakfast  Quantity   Cost   Calories 
eggs         2  $0.59 150
Yogurt, greek         1  $1.79 140
coffee         3  $0.28  14


 $2.66 304


Lunch, however, was Ground Hog Day - peanut butter and banana sub again. And more coffee.





Lunch  Quantity   Cost   Calories 
grinder roll       1  $0.50 260
peanut butter       1  $0.42 180
banana       1  $0.23   90
coffee       3  $0.28   14


 $1.43 544







On the way to teach my afternoon class (well, co-teach. ok: sit quietly and watch) I ate an apple ($0.99).

On the way home from work I stopped at Dover Discount again and stocked up on some interesting items.



Sugar, Dominos, 4lbs  $3.99
Flour, gold medal, 2lbs  $2.99
oregano  $1.99
chicken breast, canned, 13 oz  $3.49
baking powder, 13 oz  $3.38
Beer, Budweiser 6 pack cans  $5.00

I've got a little plan for some of that stuff. And it isn't tying one on. One doesn't buy Budweiser to drink it. Even when one is in a food desert. I'll leave you in suspense - maybe I'll make use of it tomorrow.

Dinner was more redux - pasta and sauce, and the rest of the peas and corn. But what a wonderful thing Frank's Hot Sauce is. I always liked spicy things when I was a kid, but when I joined the Army I truly came to appreciate how versatile hot sauce actually is. Somewhere along the way I made the transition from Tabasco to Frank's. I was very pleased to see Frank's on the shelf at Circle K the other day.


Dinner  Quantity   Cost   Calories 
macaroni         3  $0.47    300
spaghetti sauce         1  $0.34      60
Corn, canned         1  $0.76      67
Peas, canned         1  $0.66      67
Frank's Hot Sauce         1  $0.07        1


 $2.23     495

I expected repetition in the diet. I suppose we all get into a rut. And part of my problem is building a pantry, since there just isn't very much out there that is healthy. It's coming together slowly.

Day totals:

Cost: $7.72
Calories: 1,608
Weight:      172.6

Exercise: I walked for an hour on the treadmill. I'll get final exercise calories tomorrow, but right now it's at 418.

No comments:

Post a Comment