Tuesday, February 10, 2015

week 1 summary stats

The following graphs reflect the statistics I am tracking daily. (click on the graph to see it enlarged)

Starting with cost:



As you can see, cost has varied somewhat, with day 6 being a significant outlier. Average daily cost has been $7.95.

 Average caloric intake has been 1,673. I haven't felt a great deal of hunger on any given day. This is about how much food I normally eat. Admittedly, I normally supplement that amount with a couple of beers, which I am not consuming during this experiment intentionally in order to have as healthy of a diet as possible.

Finally, you can see the effects on my weight, the most readily available physiological measure.

As Kerryn noted, there are significant challenges to finding high quality calories in the Desert. I'm consuming a lot of eggs because there are few sources of lean protein. There are a few lunch meats and hotdogs, and of course there are canned meats like Spam, but no fresh chicken breast, for example. I have seen bacon, but for some reason I don't think that would improve the quality of my diet.

So far it's not been terrible. But it's very limited. Unless you want potato or corn chips - and then you have all the choice you want!


No comments:

Post a Comment